Jan 21, 2009

Kids say the darndest things

Below is a copy verbatim of a student letter

Jan. 20, 2009

Dear Mom,

I hope the baby comes but when I there I am bored. So trie to make it fun.

Your Friend,
Scotty

I asked my students to complete the following proverbs. I compiled a list of some of my favorite responses. Hope this makes you smile.


Strike while the.... pitcher throws

It's always darkest before..... the sun rises

Never underestimate the power of ... Mom

You can lead a horse to water but.... you might fall off

Don't bite the hand .... that is dirty

Love all, trust... all

The pen is mightier than the ... pencil

A penny saved is .... 1 cent

Children should be seen and not.... hiding

If at first you don't succeed... you will

You get out of something what you...want

Where there's a will... there's hope

Birds of a feather.... prevail

Ignorance is ... bad

Every dog has his... bone

Don't put all your eggs... in the trash


No comments:

Post a Comment